Re: FOSDEM 2012

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: FOSDEM 2012
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 10:46:24 +0000

On 21 Dec 2011, at 00:09, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:

> Am 08.12.2011 um 09:52 schrieb Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller:
>
>> Hi Friends,
>> I have just booked hotel&flight and have taken the opportunity to
>> create/update the wiki page:
>>
>>      http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/FOSDEM_2012
>
> I also have booked hotel & flight (from Thursday the 2nd of February to
> Sunday the 5th of February) and updated the FOSDEM 2012 wiki page you had
> splendidly created.

I'm giving a main track talk again this year (Implementing Domain-Specific
Languages with LLVM), so they're going to put me in the Novotel again.

I think most of the Étoilé team is planning on turning up on Thursday evening
so we can do some hacking on Friday (not sure where yet) and have a nice dinner
on Thursday in the restaurant we found last year.  Any other GNUsteppers are
most welcome to join us (more details to follow when we have more of a plan
than 'turn up in brussels, eat nice food, drink beer, find somewhere to code').

> Slowly it's about time to get the talks scheduled as only one month is left
> until the deadline (which is 2012-01-21) for the devroom schedules

I'd like to give a talk on the improvements in Objective-C since last year.
I'll send you a full abstract later this week.

Scheduling might be a little bit tricky - I'm also giving talks in the
Smalltalk[1] and BSD devrooms as well as the main track talk, but I think
mostly these will be on Sunday.

David

-- Sent from my PDP-11

[1] Which, apparently was proposed as being about Smalltalk and Étoilé, so
Étoilé gets too devrooms this year.