Re: Character shifting with cairo

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Character shifting with cairo
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 08:56:40 +0100

Hi,
Hi Riccardo,
I suspect this is the same problem that we discussed in the "Fonts displaying
strangely…" thread:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnustep/2011-10/msg00207.html

Try the patch I posted there and see if the spacing problems go away.

The solution is to finish and apply that patch, addressing the concerns Fred
mentioned (and ideally moving the opal font code to the cairo backend, too.)
it improves the situation, but some characters are still awkwardly "close" to others. However at least they don't overlap and it happens less ferquently.

Riccardo