Re: Tests

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Tests
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 20:38:52 +0100

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 09:09, Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard@tiptree.demon.co.uk> wrote:

No, this is because the test suite is primarily for testing ObjC programs … so it needs to link with the Foundation framework and runtime (even if you are actually only going to test C code).

It uses the NSGarbageCollector API (which can be used irrespective of whether the code is actually built with garbage collection or not) from Foundation to ensure that (if, and only if, using GC) a garbage collection pass is done between tests to expose GC related bugs, and empties release pools to expose reference counting bugs.

I have tried linking with Foundation in addition to CoreFoundation, but to no avail.

Now, I guess testing CoreBase is a special case … if we link with Foundation on Apple, we'll pull in CoreFoundation, which will conflict with CoreBase.

Actually, Stefan needed someone to run tests against Apple frameworks only ;)

--
Ivan Vučica - ivan@vucica.net