Re: GNA is down...

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: GNA is down...
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 13:30:44 +0000

On 13 Feb 2012, at 13:23, Quentin Mathé wrote:

> I quite like Fossil, but I'd be fine with Mercurial too. Both seems to have a
> similar command-line interface:
> Fossil: http://www.fossil-scm.org/index.html/doc/trunk/www/quickstart.wiki
> Mercurial:
> http://ivy.fr/mercurial/ref/v1.0/Mercurial-QuickStart-v1.0-120dpi.png
>
> As a disclaimer, my experience is limited to Git. I used it for several
> months, although it has some nice features, but its command-line interface is
> a pain, and it's easy to corrupt your local repository history by mistake.

I think that's pretty much my experience.  So, my first choice would be Fossil,
my second choice hg.  I'd rank git slightly above CVS.

I think the integrated wiki and bug tracker in Fossil could be very helpful to
GNUstep, but if we're going to move from svn and not move to Fossil then hg is
tolerable, while git is an abomination designed to destroy developer sanity.

David

-- Sent from my Difference Engine