Re: Voting: do you want to move to git?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Voting: do you want to move to git?
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 13:48:50 +0000

On 14 Feb 2012, at 13:46, Gregory Casamento wrote:

> Keeping SVN is a mistake given what has been demonstrated by GNA's
> failure.   SVN gives us a single point of failure.   A DVCS would
> eliminate that problem.

I'm not sure I fully agree with this.  The single point of failure exists in
any system where w have an authoritative repository.  We could have an official
git-svn mirror somewhere, or even a svn mirror using svncync that became the
authoritative one when GNA was down if the only issue is being able to get at
the code when gna is down.

David

-- Sent from my Cray X1