Fwd: Recovery procedures...

From: Niels Grewe
Subject: Fwd: Recovery procedures...
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 08:52:38 +0100

Hi guys,

I'm forwarding Greg's mail since I was too stupid to CC the list when
replying to him.

Sorry,

Niels
----- Forwarded message from Gregory Casamento <greg.casamento@gmail.com> -----

Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 16:43:01 -0500
From: Gregory Casamento <greg.casamento@gmail.com>
To: Niels Grewe <niels.grewe@halbordnung.de>
Subject: Re: Recovery procedures...

I have started svnsync on one of my local machines.  Once the initial
sync is completed I'm going to turn it into a cron job which runs once
per hour.   This will be the first step to having a consistent backup
of everything in the repository.

The next step for me is to create a repository on other sites to act
as a mirror.

Once these mirrors are set up I believe that the next step that needs
to be considered about is how the repository should be restructured.
Currently the use of external references is confusing.  I would like
to correct this issue as soon as we have the chance no matter which
version control system we end up switching to, it seems like a good
idea to flatten out the structure in some agreed upon way.

The current setup causes issues when updating and it causes issues
when people attempt to check out from the trunk as is indicated in
most of savannah and gna's web pages.   Also, we should consider
splitting out the project into separate repositories... even though
they would all be part of the GNUstep project as a whole, it would be
easier to manage them.

Later, GC

--
Gregory Casamento