Re: FOSDEM Slides

From: Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: FOSDEM Slides
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 20:41:30 +0100

Am 22.02.2012 um 19:31 schrieb Fred Kiefer:

> On 22.02.2012 18:53, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
>>> 2. Are the described frameworks (CoreTelephony, CoreWLAN, MKMapKit,
>>> CoreLocation) available with GNUstep, or do they require the rest of
>>> QuantumStep?
>>
>> I think yes. They use the standard Foundation/AppKit (Base/GUI) API.
>
> Have you thought about putting them into the GNUstep SVN? This would allow
> others to contribute tot he development.

I have thought about this, but if I look at SWK where I did this move,
almost all contributions still did come from me. I.e. I don't see
any benefit in giving others uncontrolled write access.

And I have no problem receiving and discussing patches and diffs
and applying them to the current code base (where it is cleanly and
systematically integeated with all other components).

Let's discuss that again if I receive more patches than I can handle,
but not before.

Nikolaus