Re: API differences between GNUstep and OS X

From: Eric Wasylishen
Subject: Re: API differences between GNUstep and OS X
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 19:25:34 -0700

Hi Jens,
It's hard to say in general what API's you can expect to be up to date with Apple's Foundation.

−[NSFileManager removeItemAtPath:error:], is in the latest gnustep-base release, 1.24.0. It's just a wrapper which calls [self removeFileAtPath: path handler: nil]; though.

+[NSData dataWithContentsOfFile:options:error:] is not present (only +[NSData dataWithContentsOfFile:].)

Since 1.24.0 is only a few weeks old, it won't show up in linux distributions for a while. I'd suggest using it though, because the previous release is around a year old and there have been many improvements since then.

Also worth mentioning is we have documentation here for gnustep-base:
however it has not been regenerated to reflect the latest release yet.

Eric