Re: Implementation of CommonCrypto?

From: Niels Grewe
Subject: Re: Implementation of CommonCrypto?
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 06:58:36 +0100

Hi Jon,

On Sat, Jun 25, 2011 at 11:32:02PM -0500, Jonathan Bartlett wrote:
> Has anyone worked on getting an implementaiton of CommonCrypto for GNUstep?

you've probably long forgotten about this, but in case you're still
interested: I just got around cleaning up my work on making CommonCrypto
work on non-Darwin platforms. You can get the tarball here [0]. I'm also
experimenting with DVCSs again, so this time ongoing work is available
via fossil [1], but I don't have much time at my hands right now, so it
will probably stay equivalent with the tarball for a while.
The catch with this is that it requires clang to compile at the moment
because clang is more forgiving with respect to interpreting the CPU
specific assembly in there (which was a bit of a pain to rewrite
already). Also, the CommonCrypto version is a bit old-ish by now, but
I'll try to forward-port my changes once I can connect to
opensource.apple.com again.

Cheers,

Niels

[0] http://www.halbordnung.de/~niels.grewe/gnustep/gs-commoncrypto.tar.bz2