[ANNOUNCE] Enterprise Control Configuration Logging/Alerting prerelease

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Enterprise Control Configuration Logging/Alerting prerelease ...
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 10:43:38 +0000

The package I presented on at FOSDEM this year is now available in the GNUstep
subversion repository.

What is ECCL?
==================
The ECCL package is a small set of tools and a library containing Objective-C
classes designed to
provide a scalable infrastructure for management/operation of a cluster of
server process operating
on a high availability 24x7 basis.

The library provides centralised control and configuration of multiple server
processes running on
many machines on the LAN (a loosely coupled cluster).  It also supports logging
and archiving and,
importantly alarming/alerting about problems (including integration into SNMP
using industry
standard alarming).

The Tools consist of, a per-cluster daemon (Control) and a per-host daemon
(Command) used to control
individual processes, as well as an interactive command-line utility (Console)
used to manage running
processes.

The FOSDEM talks are at http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/FOSDEM_2012

This initial pre-release is fully functional, but documentation is minimal and
the SNMP MIB lacks a
Private Enterprise Number (unique ID for the MIB) ... but I have applied to
IANA for a PEN for
GNUstep, and plan to make a formal release of the software once that has been
allocated.

COPYING
=======
This package is free software, released under LGPLv3, or (at your option) any
later version.

AUTHOR
======
Richard Frith-Macdonald <rfm@gnu.org>
With contributions by Nicola Pero

Where to get it
=========
svn://svn.gna.org/svn/gnustep/devmodules/dev-libs/ec/