Re: Building fun again

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Building fun again
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 22:10:17 +0200

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 14:29, Citizen Jimserac <jimserac@gmail.com> wrote:
MANY thanks!   So.... clang instead of gcc??   Well this IS a
surprise, for years I've relied on gcc whenever compiling something on
linux (or ming gcc on windows).

clang is a nicer compiler for Objective-C.

Yes, I see when compiling that "make" does nothing when a GNUMakefile
is present...
for example,
GNUmakefile:25: /common.make: No such file or directory
GNUmakefile:35: /aggregate.make: No such file or directory when trying
to compile gnustep-gui examples.

I'm not sure what might be causing this, but it sounds like GNUstep.sh was not properly sourced using:

. /path/to/GNUstep.sh

Could you describe in more detail your post install things such as...

"Post-compile, I also added
~/llvm/Release+Asserts/bin into PATH, and I sourced GNUstep.sh to make
compiling easier. "

In .bash_profile, I added approximately the following lines:

PATH=~/llvm/Release+Asserts/bin:$PATH
. /path/to/GNUstep.sh

--
Ivan Vučica - ivan@vucica.net