Re: clang / libobjc2 stability / crashes

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: clang / libobjc2 stability / crashes
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 15:47:38 +0200

Update:
since you asked me to find a reduced test case, I tried to run all GSTest example tests manually, by sending a lot of events, clicks... I got no crash.

Actually, several Applications seem to work, even apps that sometimes are shakey (I can run Grr just fine, view an article, it opens in Vespucci.. loads the page...)
However those apps which are known to fail fail consistently
* GWorkspace -> double click to open an application or try to run it any other way, like terminal services or "Run" command.
* PRICE -> Curves filter, Show histogram (something really trivial)
* FTP -> connect to a Site
* Terminal -> open preferences and set a font

There may be more of course.

I don't get what all these operations have in common. Some might spawn threads... The two price actions both show a histogram, so i thought about drawing, but the gui test app should have shown it and also Oresme demos work fine.

At loss,
  Riccardo