Re: NSTextField setStringValue nil value

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: NSTextField setStringValue nil value
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 13:24:22 +0200

I think the point is that this flag triggers additional debug output.

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 23:17, Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:
Hi Fred,

Fred Kiefer wrote:
Have you done more tests on this? Who is raising the exception, the text field, the control or the cell? Or will I have to do these tests myself?

In [NSCell-setStringValue:] we have this code:

 if (aString == nil)
   {
     NSDebugMLLog (@"MacOSXCompatibility",
                   @"Attempt to use nil as string value");
   }

Did this get triggered in your case? And if not, why not? If you are interested in Mac compatibility you could run your code with the option --GNU-Debug=MacOSXCompatibility

I was running without that flag... so is it expected that GNUstep behaves slightly different? IN case, I'm fine, else I will prepare a testcase as you request. It won't be difficult. IN the meanwhile I fixed the application where this was happening.

Riccardo