Re: GNUmail - SMTP authentication

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GNUmail - SMTP authentication
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 14:59:07 +0200

Hi,

On 05/15/12 14:32, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
any GNUMail users out there? I seek some help in debugging and fixing SMTP with authentication! It is broken in the current repository, but it is broken also in the Debian supplied stuff and in the old tarballs I had. Thus I supect it has been broken since a long time, but my ISP did not require it some years ago when I was a regular GNUMail users.

It is one of my bigger issues with GNUMail/Pantomime currently
Some new information. First, I tried forcing the authentication from GNUMail and it works, thus it is not a problem in Pantomime, which is good news.

Looking at the code though, it looks as if the check for the supported authentication types is not completely implemented? Or am I not understanding it? I am looking in AccountEditorWindowController and check for the sendSupportedMechanismsPopUp.

Perhaps the code is not written completely in the beta release? I'm open for suggestions. At worse, we can temporarily disable the check feature and hard-code all items again and make the application functional again.

Riccardo