Re: GNUmail - SMTP authentication

From: A. Arias
Subject: Re: GNUmail - SMTP authentication
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 18:50:39 -0600

El dom, 20-05-2012 a las 14:59 +0200, Riccardo Mottola escribió:
> Hi,
>
> On 05/15/12 14:32, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> > any GNUMail users out there? I seek some help in debugging and fixing
> > SMTP with authentication! It is broken in the current repository, but
> > it is broken also in the Debian supplied stuff and in the old tarballs
> > I had. Thus I supect it has been broken since a long time, but my ISP
> > did not require it some years ago when I was a regular GNUMail users.
> >
> > It is one of my bigger issues with GNUMail/Pantomime currently
> Some new information. First, I tried forcing the authentication from
> GNUMail and it works, thus it is not a problem in Pantomime, which is
> good news.
>
> Looking at the code though, it looks as if the check for the supported
> authentication types is not completely implemented? Or am I not
> understanding it? I am looking in AccountEditorWindowController and
> check for the sendSupportedMechanismsPopUp.
>
> Perhaps the code is not written completely in the beta release? I'm open
> for suggestions. At worse, we can temporarily disable the check feature
> and hard-code all items again and make the application functional again.
>
> Riccardo

I don't know if the problem is in pantomime or in gnumail. Previously
two or three clicks above the button "Check Supported" was enough to
obtain the supported mechanisms. The problem is that this don't work at
first time. Why? I think the problem is in CWSMTP class in pantomime.
The supported mechanisms are added in the method -serviceInitialized:
(same file). But for some reason this don't work always.