Re: In regard to GNUmail.app and SMTP authentification

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: In regard to GNUmail.app and SMTP authentification
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 07:39:12 +0200

On Tuesday, May 29, 2012 22:20 CEST, Kristian Poul Herkild
<kristian@herkild.dk> wrote:

> On 2012-05-29 18:03:55 +0200 Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Kristian Poul Herkild <kristian@herkild.dk> writes:
> >
> >> On 2012-05-28 21:37:43 +0200 Csanyi Pal <csanyipal@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> ...snip...

> >> I'm using a somewhat generic/homegrown GNU/Linux, based on LFS-7.1
> >> with minor updates, and some packages from CBLFS and BLFS-svn
> >> (different versions from March to May 2012), and some packages outside
> >> the LFS-world. The non-GNUstep packages are compiled with GCC-4.6.2
> >> (without objc, objc++) and GNUstep framework and GS-based packages are
> >> compiled with LLVM/Clang 3.0, using libobjc2-1.6.
> >
> > Very intresting!
> >
> > Can you run on you Operating system the recent version of Gorm.app and
> > ProjectCenter.app too? And maybe have you Étoilé installed too?
> >

> I haven't gotten around to Étoilé yet (but I'm going to need Vindaloo and
> PopplerKit, so I'll get there... eventually). Gorm-1.2.16 works fine, but
> 1.2.12 fails to compile. ProjectCenter from SVN works fine, but the
> 0.6.0-release fails to compile. I'm of course using newest stable
> gnustep-core packages.
>
> I'm going to look at Vespucci, SimpleWebKit, Flexisheet and Bean later. And
> figure out how to make Grr work properly.
SimpleWebKit/Vespucci should work, but well, how useful they are for you in the
state right now, i.e. especially the
rendering capabilities from SimpleWebKit, you decide ;)
Last time I tried FlexiSheet and Bean, I got them to start up, but then, I was
unable to use them, their code needs some love ;)
Grr (and RSSKit), are planned to have a new release soon. If you have problems
with them, let us know either here, or more
appropriate on the GAP mailing lists:
http://gap.nongnu.org/information/gethelp.html

Sebastian