Re: GNUmail - SMTP authentication

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GNUmail - SMTP authentication
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 09:51:29 +0200

Hi,

Germán A. Arias wrote:
I don't know if the problem is in pantomime or in gnumail. Previously
two or three clicks above the button "Check Supported" was enough to
obtain the supported mechanisms. The problem is that this don't work at
first time. Why? I think the problem is in CWSMTP class in pantomime.
The supported mechanisms are added in the method -serviceInitialized:
(same file). But for some reason this don't work always.

Hmm, I tried clicking the button 10 times.. no effect! It is not an initialization problem or, at least, for me it is a consistent problem. Afterwards if I click "cancel" in the pref panel I get a crash due to a memory error.

Which class and methods do you refer to? I could not find the place where the ervice methods are explicitely added!

If I hard-code the authentication method to LOGIN it afterwards work so Pantonime supports it.

Riccardo