Re: Cocoa ports of QuartzCore tests

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Cocoa ports of QuartzCore tests
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 23:25:54 +0200

On 13. 6. 2012., at 23:30, Fred Kiefer wrote:

> When I look at the GIT repository you linked to I see that the last change
> was three days ago, which matches the last SVN commit. I would expect that
> all your changes are visible in both systems. But I did not see any Mac
> specific changes there.

Gregory,

I've just checked, and looks like my changesets were not yet pulled into the
"main" GitHub repo for gnustep-quartzcore? Could you try pulling them in, and
testing if the changes will correctly propagate into SVN?

> If nothing shows up when painting, you may be missing a flush call. Maybe
> just add a glFlush() somewhere? In you code I see a call to flushBuffer,
> which may not be what you need (See
> http://renderingpipeline.com/2012/05/nsopenglcontext-flushbuffer-might-not-do-what-you-think/)

What a weird implementation Apple has!

glFlush() is indeed what was missing. Thanks!