Debian and Ubuntu packages

From: Philippe Roussel
Subject: Debian and Ubuntu packages
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 20:49:23 +0200

Hi all,

Now that I have a somewhat automated build process it would be nice to
have some feedback on the result.

I tried to use libobjc2, and did a preliminary debianization, but ran
into linking errors when using gcc 4.7 and didn't investigate much. If
someone is successfully using libojc2 with gcc 4.7 I would appreciate
any help.

This time I built packages for precise and wheezy, for both i386 and amd64.
The packages list looks like :
 * gnustep-{make,base,gui,back} and related dev packages
 * addressmanager
 * agenda
 * cynthiune (didn't build for some configs)
 * easydiff
 * edenmath
 * gnumail
 * gorm
 * gworkspace
 * gnustep-examples
 * laternamagica
 * lusernet
 * notebook
 * poe
 * terminal
 * textedit
 * systempreferences
 * vindaloo (with iconkit and popplerkit from Etoile)
 * waiho
 * renaissance
 * zipper
 * helpviewer

I changed the directory tree to be able to easily add distributions and
architectures. Everything is now under the following url :

http://coyote.octets.fr/pub/gnustep/packages/

For example, for precise x86 you can add to sources.list :

deb http://coyote.octets.fr/pub/gnustep/packages/precise/i386/ ./

Please let me know if you find this useful, if a package is broken, if
you would like to add another package to the list etc.

Thanks,
Philippe