Re: NSApplication openFiles

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: NSApplication openFiles
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 12:27:27 +0200

Hi,

Fred Kiefer wrote:

GNUstep has these methods mainly on the class GSServicesManager. This is somethign that I always wondered about. It would feel more natural to me to have these methods on NSApplication, and have GSServicesManager call that implementation. We could then dispatch the calls in NSApplication either to the delegate or to the corresponding methods on NSDocumentController, if the delegate wont handle them. Adding "application:openFiles:"would be very simple then.

For your specific requirement even with the current code it would be simple to add that method and all you would have to do then is implement it on the application delegate.
That is what I did, I attach a preliminary patch that shows where I am heading to. It works: for N files the delegate gets called, else with a single file it works as before. Fine.
However, previously if N files were passed, openFile was called iteratively.
I think this behaviour should be preserved if ther eis no delegate for openFiles, what do you think? But how? The chekds are done in the GSServiceManager, but there this method returns (void) so in NSApplication I don't know to handle the fallback. Inside NSApplication how can I check if the delegate implements the openFiles method?

Riccardo