problem adding a new window to an application

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: problem adding a new window to an application
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2012 17:20:37 +0200

Hi,

what I want to do is to add an Inspector to MPDCon to show the Lyrics of a song.
I created the Interface in Gorm, via New Module -> New Inspector.
There I created the Interface, outlets, actions, and a LyricsInspector class,
and connected the parts of the Interface to the class.

I added the Interface and the generated class files in ProjectCenter to
the project. Then I edited the LyricsInspector files, to add some initialization
methods, similar to the other interface classes.

Then again in Gorm, I opened the Player.gorm, adding a submenu entry
to the applications menu.

Everything gets compiled and installed successfully, without error.
When I click on the new menu entry to open the Inspector window, then
the window doesn't open. The NSLog I added to the -init method
of the LyricsInspector class is printed on the console twice when
I click on the menu entry. There I actually wonder why its printed
twice.

I attached the MPDCon tarball. I hope someone can tell me what I did wrong.
I guess its only something very simple. I tried lots of different ways to
create the Inspector, and also compared with the other interface classes
there, but I just don't see what's wrong.

I'm using the latest released versions of gnustep libraries, with libobjc2,
and gorm 1.2.18.

any help appreciated.

Sebastian