Re: ContentView Offset

From: A. Arias
Subject: Re: ContentView Offset
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2012 18:44:07 -0600

El dom, 09-09-2012 a las 21:20 +0000, Steve Van Voorst escribió:
> Some observations:
>
> 1) If the window is resizable, the white band goes away as soon as the
> window is resized.  Uncomment style mask to test.
> 2) Knowing that, I tried simulating a resize event by using the
> -setFrame method on the window after it was created (uncomment [window
> setFrame: display:] to test).  This is helpful in that the white band
> disappears and the coordinates of the buttons are correct so that they
> me be "hit" and used as intended.  Unfortunately, a black band at the
> top appears as the white band at the bottom goes away.  Again, if the
> window is resized, the black band disappears just like the white one
> does.
>
> Conclusions so far:
>
> 1) If I have to, I can build all my windows with the delegate
> technique, which is not immune from the problem but overall less
> affected.  There is a reason for it being the preferred technique and
> perhaps this is why.  On the other hand, the main technique works fine
> on the Mac and I don't understand why it won't work over here.  It
> would help if I had more knowledge about how windows are created on
> gnustep.
>
> Thanks for your willingness to help.
>
> Steve Van Voorst

I can't reproduce this. But I have similar problems with other apps in
Gnome 3 and Xfce when I use the in-window menu. See attached image (I
don't have this problem in IceWM). Currently there are some bugs related
with this problem at bugtracker. If the window is resizable, I use this
hack at -applicationDidFinishLaunching:

  NSUserDefaults *defaults = [NSUserDefaults sharedUserDefaults];

  if ([defaults integerForKey: @"Resize"] == 0)
    {
      //Code to increase the width by 1 pixel.
      [defaults setInteger: 1 forKey: @"Resize"];
    }
  else
    {
      //Code to decrease the width by 1 pixel.
      [defaults setInteger: 0 forKey: @"Resize"];
    }

This works for me.

I think the problem is at gnustep-back, in the way how gnustep interact
with each window managers. But since I don't understand how it works, I
can't do anything in this way.