Re: problem with base and non-fragile ABI

From: Niels Grewe
Subject: Re: problem with base and non-fragile ABI
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 11:18:11 +0200

Am 24.09.2012 10:54, schrieb David Chisnall:
> On 24 Sep 2012, at 09:32, Niels Grewe wrote:
>
>> This
>> is not by any chance on a *BSD platform? I think David made clang
>> default to the non-fragile ABI for some of them…)
>
> I believe the current release defaults to the non-fragile ABI on *BSD
> (including Darwin, but a different non-fragile ABI there) but assumes Linux
> == GNU == GCC and so defaults to the legacy ABI there.
>
> In trunk, --fobjc-nonfragile-abi is regarded as a legacy-compatibility
> option.  The correct way of selecting it is -fobjc-runtime=gnustep, ideally
> with a version specified (currently it defaults to 1.7, and each clang
> release will default to the latest runtime release that it supports).

Okay, so we have to keep that in mind for the future. Do the arguments
to the __has_feature() macro change accordingly? For now, I modified
gnustep-make to also check for the compiler default. This should get rid
of any unexpected mismatch, though we still might want an option to
disable it explicitly.

Cheers,

Niels