coyote.octets.fr Ubuntu Precise Packages ?? Alternative Way of Install

From: Citizen Jimserac
Subject: coyote.octets.fr Ubuntu Precise Packages ?? Alternative Way of Install Gnustep ??
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 06:20:36 -0700 (PDT)

At the following web site, posted on Sept, 16, 2012
are many gnustep, apparently install packages, for Ubuntu Precise
(12.04)

http://coyote.octets.fr/pub/gnustep/packages/precise/i386/

Previous to finding this site, on two Ubuntu boxes I have successfully
followed Ivan's steps, posted elsewhere, using a repository and his
instructions for installing Gnustep on recent Ubuntus.

What is the purpose of listing these packages ?  There is no
explanation given.

Are they an alternate way of installing GNUstep by direct package
installs?  That would be nice but would the proper paths and
environment variables and updates to .bashrc automatically be done?
I tried install GNUstep from repository packages in the past, before
finding Ivan's steps and nothing worked at all.

Thanks.