Re: [FOSDEM] Accepted devrooms

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: [FOSDEM] Accepted devrooms
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 13:01:14 +0200

On 25. 10. 2012., at 12:41, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns@goldelico.com> wrote:

Anyways, how can we deal with it? I don't see any other devroom we could
make proposals for talks. Except "Smalltalk". Should we try to flood them
with proposals for talks :)

I don't think they'd be against one or two talks.

Or we must do what many other projects are doing: organize our own
conference[s] (hackathons, AlpenSTEP, ...). I have no idea if it is possible
to get a conference room @ some hotel @ Brussels @ friday before
FOSDEM. Is there someone from Belgium here on this list and could
try to find out?

Getting a separate conference room is bound to be pricey. Perhaps a local university would be willing to provide some space (a classroom), to lower the costs?