Re: objective c NSXMLParser delegate class doesn't trigger delegate meth

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: objective c NSXMLParser delegate class doesn't trigger delegate methods
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 15:10:41 +0000

On 3 Feb 2013, at 14:11, umen wrote:

> i following simple  tutorial
> <http://wiki.cs.unh.edu/wiki/index.php/Parsing_XML_data_with_NSXMLParser>
> on the web to parse xml with NSXMLParser.
> the delegate object does init , but never trigger the NSXMLParser delegate
> methods .
> what im doing wrong ?
> im using GNUSetup on windows .

<snip>

> its never reach to the parser methods . but its do reach to the
> initXMLParser .
> what do i do wrong here ?
> also im getting in the :[err localizedDescription]
> this msg :
>
>> NSXMLParserErrorDomain 3
>
> what does  it mean ?

If you look at the NSXMLParser header file you'll see that the error code 3 in
the NSXMLParserErrorDomain means NSXMLParserDocumentStartError

So clearly there was a problem with the start of the document (which would
explain why delegate methods didn't get called).

If you want people to be able to help more than that, you probably need to
supply some minimal (but complete) source code and a the xml data you used:
that way people can try compiling it and running it.
In the absence of that sort of information, my guess would be that you are
starting with something that's not a valid xml document, and the parsing is
failing when the parser tries to find the document start.