Re: Error building base with clang 3.2

From: edwin ancaer
Subject: Re: Error building base with clang 3.2
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 16:05:23 +0200

Thanks for finding this out. After getting the latest version of gnustep base, this problem got solved.

Unfortunately, another one appeared:

checking for libgnutls-config... no
checking for libgnutls - version >= 1.4.0... no
*** The libgnutls-config script installed by libgnutls could not be found
*** If libtgnuls-config was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path.
no

You do not appear to have usable libgnutls headers/library.
Building without them will disable SSL/TLS/HTTPS in NSStream,
NSFileHandle, NSURLHandle and NSURLConnection.
If you really want to build gnustep-base without TLS support,
add --disable-tls to the configure arguments.
configure: error: Missing support for TLS functionality.

This problem is described in bug #37709: gnutls deprecated gnutls-config, but I have recent packages of both gnutls and pkg-config installed:

Installed Packages
Name        : pkgconfig
Arch        : i686
Epoch       : 1
Version     : 0.27
Release     : 1.fc18

Name        : gnutls-devel
Arch        : i686
Version     : 2.12.23
Release     : 2.fc18
Size        : 1.2 M

Could you help once more to find a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Edwin Ancaer.