Re: GNUstep Kickstarter Project

From: James Carthew
Subject: Re: GNUstep Kickstarter Project
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 07:18:03 +1000

Good idea, but I think some more planning should be added to this. Usually when kickstarters succeed they have stretch goals and very clear presentation of what's currently available, and what will be available after the project succeeds.. You're going to need a lot more media on that page. My advice would be to throw up screenshots of gnustep applications running on gnustep and OSX, show a lot of comparisons between the apis, show people what you're planning to create/work on. Saying fund my idea, here's the idea isn't enough with Kickstarter. You have to really sell the idea you want made. Sell a vision. Outline clear goals. Say at $100,000 Vespucci/Webkit will be completed, at $150,000 System Preferences.app will support networking, X, and audio configuration etc. Clear goals that show people what they will get out of it. At least put some videos of gnustep apps on linux and gnustep apps under osx on there.