Re: GNUstep on FreeBSD 10

From: Stephen Woolerton
Subject: Re: GNUstep on FreeBSD 10
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 00:57:06 +1200

On 22/08/13 10:01 PM, David Chisnall wrote:
If anyone wants to test the ports, you can use portshaker to grab my overlay
from redports (my username is theraven).

David

Hi David,

I have compiled gnustep-base on PCBSD 9.1 using the gnustep ports at redports. Working well so far and the tests on gnustep-base have passed.

First, a question on portshaker as I couldn't find much documentation on it. With the configuration below, when I ran "portshaker" I had to choose to "install" your ports over the top of the existing freebsd gnustep ports for each port. I expect I should set "ports_trees" to a different directory than /usr/ports. Just wondering how you do it...

 /usr/ports/lang/gnustep-base $ cat /usr/local/etc/portshaker.conf
mirror_base_dir="/var/cache/portshaker"
ports_trees="gnustep"
gnustep_ports_tree="/usr/ports"
gnustep_merge_from="ports redportschisnall"

/usr/ports/lang/gnustep-base $ cat /usr/local/etc/portshaker.d/redportschisnall
#!/bin/sh
. /usr/local/share/portshaker/portshaker.subr
method="svn"
svn_checkout_path="https://svn.redports.org/theraven";
run_portshaker_command $*

---
Secondly, with FreeBSD and these GNUstep ports, can I expect to be able to use libdispatch to read a network socket? I wish to use this call; "dispatch_source_create(DISPATCH_SOURCE_TYPE_READ, socket, 0, dispatchQueue)". It isn't working for me so far.

Thanks
Stephen