Re: Localizable strings & Bundles

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Localizable strings & Bundles
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 17:45:47 +0200

On 19.08.2013 22:01, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> I am trying to add localization support to a certain SystemPreferences
> Module, which is a Bundle.
> Each bundle has its language resources and Localizable.strings, however
> I noticed it that it was not working.
>
> I then tried to copy the strings file into the main SystemPreferences
> language resources and it worked. Is it possible at the current state of
> gnustepto have each bundle load its Language resources, perhaps through
> a certain setting in the Info plist or a certain bundle load command?
>
> Otherwise, I think this is quite a limitation: everybody should be able
> to install a Module / Bundle with its language, coding all the strings
> in the main app file defeats its modularization.

I think that the localisation code should work for bundles. Could you
please provide an example of what you are trying to do?

What you should be calling is the method
localizedStringForKey:value:table: on your specific bundle.
NSLocalizedString() wont work, as this only loads resources from the
main bundle, but this behaviour is according to the documentation.

Fred