Re: SystemPreferences Defaults, localization

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: SystemPreferences Defaults, localization
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 09:10:05 +0200

Hi,

Riccardo Mottola wrote:
Hi,

in the past fortnight I worked on the "Defaults" module of SystemPreferences.

Defaults allow tuning many known and lesser-known GNUstep settings without resorting to the command line and remembering obscure strings. The nice part is that the settings are dynamically written in a plist and not hard-coded.

I tried to make it easier to localize: instead of "duplicating" the whole configuration file.

I thus split the configuration from a separate Localizable string file, this should allow easier translation of all the description! To make that I had to get proper bundle loading of the preferences (thanks Fred).
I actually forgot to commit the file and sadly you need to patience a couple of days since I won't have access to hit. However a check about the existing or missing defaults is already appreciated.

Riccardo