Re: Reference documentation

From: Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: Reference documentation
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 10:47:58 +0200

Hi,

Am 10.09.2013 um 10:40 schrieb Michele Bert:

> I am starting my first small application with GNUstep (just to practice), and
> I have already a question: where can I find a reference guide to a gnustep
> class?
>
> For example, I am using an NSTableView, so I remember I have to implement two
> method in a controller object to get the number of rows and to get the value
> of a specific column/row; something like:
> - (int) getRowCount;
> - (id) getValueAtcolumn: (NSTableColumn*)collumn row:(NSInteger) row;
>
> But I do not remember (of cource) the exact definition. Are there any
> reference guide (on the net, or in the gnustep installed package) where I can
> search this kind of details?

e.g. here:

http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/Developer/Gui/Reference/NSTableView.html

Maybe you are also looking for the NSTableDataSoruce informal protocol:

http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/Developer/Gui/Reference/NSTableView.html#002000000000

It is linked from the NSTableView documentation page.

In the installed system you can look into the header file.

-- hns