Re: GNUstep's default theme...

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: GNUstep's default theme...
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 23:49:41 -0600

On 2013-09-11 23:29:07 -0600 Gregory Casamento <greg.casamento@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've often felt as though our default look causes people to have a bad
> first impression of GNUstep.
>
> First impressions and "out of the box" experience have a huge impact. Many
> people make the mistake of believing we are ONLY OpenStep based on the look
> alone without really looking at the API.
>
> Does anyone have any opinions on this?
>
> Greg

I don't think the default theme is the problem. The problem is that the users
don't
see, at website, screenshots of gnustep running with other themes or in other
desktops. Or even an visible link to get other themes. I remember that some time
ago was discussed about put a link with screenshots at website. For example, we
can put images of gnustep running on Gnome, KDE, Etoile and Windows.
Alongside the default theme on WindowMaker.

Also, we can add a couple of themes in GUI package. As examples of what is
possible. So, the user can switch the theme easy.

I can add some icons to Silver theme, to release a new version soon.

Germán.