Re: Ubuntu and Debian packages / 2013-09-27

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Ubuntu and Debian packages / 2013-09-27
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 2013 18:13:45 +0200

Hi Markus,

Markus Hitter wrote:
Wait ... I see my mistake. I added the i386 path of your repo while
running an amd64 installation. Thus, the packages in the Ubuntu repo are
preferred. Changed this and ... voilá, it works.

Now a starter script, /usr/bin/gnumail, is missing, the appearance
doesn't match Unity at all and when setting up an email account the app
segmentation faults, but that's all another matter.
Screw unity :)

When does it segfault? when you try to get the sevrer auth. capabilities? (or if you run the check, it will crash when you close the app later) In case, it is a well known bug I am unable to understand and fix. It doesn't happen on mac. I fear it is gnustep-base and/or pantomime related. I need help, I hope Richard will help me as soon as he can.

If you have instead another crash, I want to know about it.

Riccardo