Re: png app icons not working?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: png app icons not working?
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 21:55:05 +0200

I am currently investigating this issue and things look bad :-(

The display problem is caused by the _premultiply on NSBitmapImage.
(This can be easily confirmed by commenting out the _premultiply call in
the draw method)

This method in itself seems to be correct, most likely the error is in
the setPixel: or getPixel method (or rather the functions used there)
that isn't able to handle the 16 bit format of the PNG image. I am still
trying to figure out, which of these it is and how to fix it. Hope to
report back soon with better results.

Fred