Re: building on debian wheezy 7.0

From: Philippe Roussel
Subject: Re: building on debian wheezy 7.0
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 17:47:19 +0100

On Sun, Nov 03, 2013 at 05:17:04AM -0500, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
> On 03/11/13 Philippe Roussel said:
>
> > What do you mean ? Can you start it and browse your files or not ?
>
> I can look at them but I can't associate them with any useful applications. I
> think the multiple directories is confusing GWorkspace.

Not sure why you would say that ?

> > You might have multiple versions of gnustep installed. What packages
> > did you install from http://coyote.octets.fr/ ?
>
> I did a apt-get dist-upgrade after adding the repository, hoping that it would
> upgrade my existing packages and thus uninstall the old ones. I guess it
> didn't uninstall all of the old ones.

Yeah, you probably have multiple versions of gnustep-base, gnustep-gui
etc. I'm not packaging ViewPDF, it has to come from your original
ubuntu repository.

That's probably a bug in my packages, installing them should force the
removal of the old ones.

What does 'dpkg-query -l libobjc*' give you ?

> > What does 'ldd /usr/lib/GNUstep/Applications/ViewPDF.app/ViewPDF' say ?
>
>         libPopplerKit.so.0 => not found

Yeah, I could have guessed that, the other lines could be interesting.

> Also note
>
> msoulier@egor:~$ dpkg -L viewpdf.app

[snip]

> This one package contains files in both /usr/share/GNUstep and
> /usr/lib/GNUstep.

I don't think this is a problem, it's just the way debian packages
GNUstep.

Philippe
--
Smoking is, as far as I'm concerned, the entire point of being an adult. Fran
Lebowitz