Re: launching apps from gworkspace

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: launching apps from gworkspace
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 09:53:49 +0100

Hi,

Michael P. Soulier wrote:
Hi,

I'm playing with the latest gworkspace, and trying to look at multiple images
in a directory, each time double-clicking on the image to launch
LaternaMagica.app.
Just to be sure, check that LaternaMagica is registered for those images (Tools inspector should show you laternaMagica).
The first time I double-click the app launches and I see the image, but not on
subsequent clicks unless I quite LaternaMagica first.

Is that normal?

no, it is not. I jsut checked and it doesn't happen for me. Laterna magica should add each time the image to the list, automatically select it and display it. Something is not working. Do you see it added to the list? what happens if you drag-n-drop it to the list window? or manually "add" it with the add button?

Other applications, like PRICE, Ink, GSPdf are multi-document instead, thus each time you wiell get a new window.

GNUstep is mac-like in the sense that you should always have only one instance of each application running.

Riccardo