Re: Post on the gnustep-make test suite

From: Graham Lee
Subject: Re: Post on the gnustep-make test suite
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 11:22:40 +0000

On 5 Nov 2013, at 07:08, Richard Frith-Macdonald <richardfrithmacdonald@gmail.com> wrote:

However, the moving to production section does seem a bit less concrete/clear than the rest, with how to do it being glossed over a bit rather than given concrete examples as you have done everywhere else.
Perhaps it would be worth giving the example makefile to link with the production library and include the production headers?

Hi Richard,

thanks for the feedback. My hope was to avoid putting people off by digging too deep into the vagaries of make and to avoid repeating things that are already well explained in Nicola’s tutorials on -make. I think you’re correct though, and that it means the section just tapers off without really explaining anything, so I added some more detail.

Anyway, it all looks very clear and logically ordered, and it's nice to see someone else using the test framewokr outside of gnustep itsself.

Thanks! I often use CATCH (http://catch-lib.net) when I’m in Xcode, and the GS test framework has a very similar syntax which is what appealed about CATCH in the first place. Being built-in is also a very useful feature :-)

Graham.