Re: MPDCon 1.5 linking errors

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: MPDCon 1.5 linking errors
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2013 15:05:39 +0100

On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 14:36 CET, Alessandro Sangiuliano
<alex22_7@hotmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> This is what I get during build and linking:
>

> This is gnustep-make 2.6.5. Type 'make print-gnustep-make-help' for help.
> Making all for app MPDCon...
>  Creating MPDCon.app/....
>  Compiling file AppController.m ...
>  Compiling file PreferencesController.m ...
>  Compiling file PlayView.m ...
>  Compiling file PlaylistController.m ...
>  Compiling file MPDController.m ...
> MPDController.m:829:2: warning: FIXME getAllAlbumsForArtist [-W#warnings]
> #warning FIXME getAllAlbumsForArtist
>  ^
> MPDController.m:866:2: warning: FIXME getAllTracksForArtist [-W#warnings]
> #warning FIXME getAllTracksForArtist
>  ^
> MPDController.m:941:2: warning: FIXME getAllTracksForAlbum [-W#warnings]
> #warning FIXME getAllTracksForAlbum
>  ^
> MPDController.m:677:3: warning: implicit declaration of function
>       'mpd_send_list_playlists' is invalid in C99
>       [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
>   mpd_send_list_playlists(mpdConnection);
>   ^
> 4 warnings generated.
>
>  Compiling file PlaylistItem.m ...
>  Compiling file CollectionController.m ...
> CollectionController.m:243:2: warning: FIXME the formatters are not working
>       [-W#warnings]
> #warning FIXME the formatters are not working
>  ^
> 1 warning generated.
>  Compiling file PlaylistsManagerController.m ...
>  Compiling file StatisticsController.m ...
>  Compiling file StatisticsItem.m ...
>  Compiling file CrossfadeController.m ...
>  Compiling file OwnTableView.m ...
>  Compiling file BoldCell.m ...
>  Compiling file BoldFormatter.m ...
> BoldFormatter.m:55:1: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
>       [-Wreturn-type]
> }
> ^
> 1 warning generated.
>  Compiling file NormalFormatter.m ...
> NormalFormatter.m:55:1: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
>       [-Wreturn-type]
> }
>
> 1 warning generated.
>  Compiling file LyricsInspector.m ...
>  Compiling file SongInspector.m ...
>  Compiling file SongRatingCell.m ...
>  Compiling file PlaylistInspector.m ...
>  Compiling file SQLiteAdaptor.m ...
>  Compiling file RandomPlaylistFeed.m ...
> RandomPlaylistFeed.m:153:37: warning: implicit declaration of function
>       'arc4random' is invalid in C99 [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
>                 NSUInteger random = arc4random() % [allSongs count];
>                                     ^
> 1 warning generated.
>  Compiling file CollectionBrowser.m ...
>  Compiling file main.m ...
>  Linking app MPDCon ...
> ./obj/MPDCon.obj/MPDController.m.o: In function `-[MPDController
> getAllPlaylists]':
> /home/alex/Scaricati/MPDCon-1.5/MPDController.m:677: undefined reference to

what version of libmpdclient do you have installed?
Recent versions, at least as of end of last year, should have that. I tested
with at least 2.7 and above.

> ./obj/MPDCon.obj/RandomPlaylistFeed.m.o: In function `-[RandomPlaylistFeed
> playlistUpdateThread]':
> /home/alex/Scaricati/MPDCon-1.5/RandomPlaylistFeed.m:153: undefined reference
> to `arc4random'

MPDCon is mainly developed on OpenBSD, which has arc4random in libc. What OS
you are on?
You may need to install libbsd and I guess libbsd-dev packages, and then tweak
the environment to
be point the build to find the headers and link against it.
When you have your libmpdclient upgraded, then contact me about the arc4random
issue privately.
I don't have a Linux box around to be able to test.

cheers,
Sebastian