Re: Kickstarter was not successful... but it did help things...

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Kickstarter was not successful... but it did help things...
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 18:43:17 -0500

Doc,

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 4:37 PM, Doc O'Leary <droleary@7usenet2013.subsume.com> wrote:
In article <mailman.9756.1387536329.10748.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>,
 Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:

> A business
> would never have worked for almost 20 years on something like GNUstep.

There is a $500 Billion company that might disagree with you . . .

I'm forced to agree with Doc.   A business can work on GNUstep.  Brainstorm (for which both Nicola and Richard work) is one such example.  As is TestPlant and Apportable and a few other businesses I can think of.

Ultimately the success of a business depends on it's product and it's business model.   The problem has been what business model to adopt around GNUstep.  Should it be the Cocoa equivalent of apportable?

I think it's a general statement to say that no business based on gnustep could succeed.

--
Gregory Casamento
(240)274-9630 (Cell)