Re: theme work in progress

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: theme work in progress
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 13:23:38 +0100

On 22.12.2013 11:29, Riccardo Canalicchio wrote:
> Hi There,
> I would like to share with you my work in progress theme...
> I'm working on it from about 2 weeks... the intent of this theme is to make
> a gui similar to osx maverick. I have choosen to draw things
> programmatically... I have seen that there is a big work to make the gui
> themable using images but my intent is to use this theme to study the
> gnustep internals so I have choose the hard way...
> the git repository of the theme is here:
> https://github.com/nongio/rik.theme
> * the icons are from Meliae GNOME Icon sets developed by Sora:
> http://sora-meliae.deviantart.com/art/Meliae-SVG-Icon-Theme-v-1-2-151155215
>
> it's probably bugged and not complete at the moment... if anyone would like
> to help me is welcome!

I looked at the code of this theme and that seems quite nice. It also
shows that we have come a long way with themes, a lot is already
possible but there are still places where theme support in GNUstep is
limited. It should be possible to have themes for window decoration
without actually touching the code of NSWindow and
GSStandardDecorationView. If you have suggestions on how to improve
this, patches are welcome.

Fred