Re: Kickstarter was not successful... but it did help things...

From: Doc O'Leary
Subject: Re: Kickstarter was not successful... but it did help things...
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 09:53:36 -0600

In article <mailman.9856.1387582482.10748.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>,
 Markus Hitter <mah@jump-ing.de> wrote:

> If you integrate GNUstep into existing distros, including Windows and
> Mac OS X, you compete just on the application level. And the chance for
> e.g. GNUmail to become as popular as Thunderbird are many orders of
> magnitude higher.

I agree with this completely.  To contradict James, I *hate* that Xcode
sucked up Interface Builder and tries to stick it all in one window,
forcing me to constantly fiddle with the limited secondary views even
though I have plenty of space for their palette predecessors.  I would
*love* to work on making Gorm available to other Mac developers who also
hate the cramped interface.

It would definitely take more effort to do that sort of platform-level
integration, though.  It still all comes down to picking an approach and
supporting it.  Right now, it isn't even clear to me that supporting a
GNUstep distribution *is* a core goal.

--
iPhone apps that matter:    http://appstore.subsume.com/
My personal UDP list: 127.0.0.1, localhost, googlegroups.com, theremailer.net,