Re: Compiling on openbsd with gcc4.8, executables fail to run

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: Compiling on openbsd with gcc4.8, executables fail to run
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2014 18:26:15 +0100

Am 02.01.2014 um 09:26 schrieb Riccardo Mottola:

> Hi,
>
> Wolfgang Lux wrote:
>> You'd fix this in one of the usual ways when your library search path is
>> wrong. You might try adding /usr/local/iib to (the end of) your
>> LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable. Or you might add -Wl,-R/usr/local/lib
>> to LDFLAGS when configuring gnustep-make.
> this works!
>
> However, I have to append CC, CXX and LDFLAGS for every "configure" (not only
> core, but also gworkspace)
> If I only need to type "make" and it is a standard gnustep-make, instead, it
> works.
>
> I wonder if that can be improved? I suppose it is a configure shortcoming.

The problem is that the configure scripts do not know about any variables set
during the configuration of gnustep-make. This could be avoided by using
something like CC=`gnustep-config --variable=CC` for the compiler programs. In
fact, the configure script for gnustep-base already contains such code for some
time. However, these assignments didn't make their way into other gnustep
libraries or applications. In addition, this trick does not work for CFLAGS or
LDFLAGS, since gnustep-config does not offer to return their values.

Wolfgang