Re: Right place to discuss probable issues in libobjc2?

From: Niels Grewe
Subject: Re: Right place to discuss probable issues in libobjc2?
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2014 15:32:13 +0000

Am 20.01.2014 um 18:29 schrieb David Chisnall <theraven@sucs.org>:

>  will now use the anonymous shared memory regions on FreeBSD

Just a note about this: It is possible that we can do something similar on
Linux in the future, since the Linux kernel may be gaining an interface called
‘memfd’ for memory backed file descriptors, which is apparently required for
their kdbus stuff. I’ve briefly glanced over the code, and if I read that
correctly, it's just anonymous shared memory regions with an additional
interface allowing you to ‘seal’ them (i.e. mark them as read-only). No idea
why this couldn’t be done as part of the traditional POSIX shm API, but I will
keep an eye on it just in case it proves useful.

Cheers,

Niels