Request for update and/or release of GDL2 and Renaissance

From: Tito Mari Francis Escaño
Subject: Request for update and/or release of GDL2 and Renaissance
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 07:00:12 +0800

Good day everyone at the GNUstep community,
I've been watching this project since 1990s and wonder why there hasn't been a release of more up-to-date packages, especially the GDL2 and Renaissance packages which I think are very important and worthwhile components of the GNUstep project, I think this project would be a great alternative environment in the GNOME and KDE infested world, exploring the possibility of having up-to-date components working in OpenBSD. Can somebody please explain what's up? Hopefully this project won't allow itself to be killed off or forgotten, it's too good to be dead.
Please produce a new, up-to-date release of most if not all packages, especially the GDL2 and Renaissance.
More power to this project, the bastion of true OpenStep compliance, thank you very much.