Re: elementary OS

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: elementary OS
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 12:12:57 +0000

On 11 Feb 2014, at 11:58, Pirmin Braun <pb@intars.de> wrote:

> we're just using the LGPL libs -lgnustep-base -lWebServer for our Commercial
> Open Source (non-GPL) product IntarS. I never came across defaults and gpbs.
> Hope this is compliant?

I am not a lawyer, this is not legal advice.  My interpretation would be that,
as long as you are dynamic linking or shipping the object code so that your
customers can link against a modified version of GNUstep, then it's fine.  If
your company owns any patents (not just software patents), then you should
probably ask a lawyer what happens if one of your customers decides to accept
LGPLv3 on one of the versions of GNUstep that you ship (I've asked 3 lawyers
and got 3 different answers though, so it might not be very informative).

David

-- Sent from my Difference Engine