Re: Patch: Exception Handling in libobjc2 with latest clang builds

From: Mathias Bauer
Subject: Re: Patch: Exception Handling in libobjc2 with latest clang builds
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 11:27:24 +0100

Sorry, I accidently pushed the button too early.  :-[

Now with patch. :-)

Am 10.03.14 11:25, schrieb Mathias Bauer:
Hi dear list,

as already reported here, the exception handling in libobjc2 does not
work correctly on ARM platforms. The personality routine misses the
virtual stack unwinding required by the ARM EHABI spec.

I asked Logan Chien, who was involved in getting the ARM EHABHI stuff
into llvm, for help and he sent me a patch that solved the problem.

The patch makes the ExceptionTest.m work on the ARM systems he and I
tested it on. The test cases for C++ and foreign exceptions still don't
work, buth there are other reasons for that (e.g. that the code that
there is no code that handles C++ exceptions on ARM).

So first of all: many thanks to Logan!

He asked me to post the patch here, so that's what I do now. Please give
it a review.