Re: Another unwinding problem on ARM

From: Mathias Bauer
Subject: Re: Another unwinding problem on ARM
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 19:08:08 +0100

Hi,

as I found out, the EHT entries generated for Objective-C code claim that the TTypeEncoding is DW_EH_PE_absptr, but in fact the encoding of the pointers in the type table is DW_EH_PE_pcrel | DW_EH_PE_indirect.

I don't know if this is an ARM-specific treatment that the personality routine must be able to cope with or if this has to be fixed in the generated EHT. I leave this up to the experts. In case it will be decided that we have to fix that in the runtime, I attached a possible patch.

Best regards,
Mathias