Re: Gorm thoughts for the future...

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: Gorm thoughts for the future...
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 22:37:32 +0100

First two sound good.

Single window, I'm not so sure. Possibly not single window, but
sidebar-in-each-window? Xcode has a vast disregard for the potential size of my
total workspace.

Having a NSDocument with single NSWindowController that can be "duplicated" and
then independently manipulated (while still touching original objects) would be
ideal.

Given that we're speculating about radical changes to Gorm, I have one more: If
you decide to build the UI around an NSViewController that just happens to
represent a view tree directly embedded in a NSWindow, that would later allow
building an embedded IDE such as Xcode4/5... taking the opportunity to fix what
is essentially a discouragement of a multiwindow environment, of course...