Re: NSImageCompressionFactor

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: NSImageCompressionFactor
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 00:29:23 +0200

Hi,
Fred Kiefer wrote:
On 21.05.2014 16:56, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
thank you for looking into this and fixing it! Just to make sure, could you please check your results on a Mac as well? I find the words used in the Apple documentation rather confusing: "JPEG compression allows a compression factor ranging from 0.0 to 1.0, with 0.0 being the lowest and 1.0 being the highest." From this I would expect 0 to be no compression, that is a huge file and 1 being a high compression, that is a smaller file.
It is confusing...  It depends if "factor" means rate or quality.
Anyway, now PRICE behaves the same on GNUstep and on Mac, making files smaller and coarser. The quality is not directly similar, but that I suppose depends on the library and other parameters, the quality is only qualitative.

Riccardo